As all of us know, many things have happened this year in our country that has adversely affected the real estate market in Portland. Comparing market trends with the same period last year. Today a homeowner is less likely to sell their property quickly and for the best price.
If you have already made your mind to sell your property, you must have taken into account the necessary steps for the operation to be successful.
Steps to Sell Your Home in Portland. OR
- Traditionally a homeowner contacts a real estate agent to take over the sale of his house and the MLS listing. The homeowner must sign an exclusivity agreement where he agrees to pay a 6% commission for the sale to the real estate agent.
- The median home value in Portland is $ 400,000 Dollar, which means the payment on commission must be $ 24,000.
Instead of that same homeowner contacts Better Off Home Buyers, He doesn’t have to pay commission costs for selling his home to us.
- In the traditional real estate market to sell a house, it has to be in perfect conditions, without any structural damage that requires major repairs. Also, the homeowner will have to adapt the property, painting it, making the garden and the front of the house look beautiful for the potential buyers. The expenses on beautifying the property without having to make major repairs are approximately $8,000 Dollars.
- To show a home for sale home residents should allow strangers to enter at any time of the day and during weekends.
Using today’s technology we can make virtual home visits, so we will not disturb your home peace.
- In a traditional home sale, the homeowner has to wait an average of 90 days to close the transaction
Closing costs represent 2% of the sale price. If the median home value in Portland is $ 400,000, the owner must pay $ 8,000 dollars.
Instead, of that same owner contacts Better Off Home Buyers, the time for him to wait to close the transaction is 10 days, which means that the owner will save
80 days of mortgage loan payments,
3 months of homeowners association fees,
3 months of utility payment.
80 days of property tax payments.
In short, the owner could save approximately another $ 10,000 by selling his home to our company.
In a home sale through a real estate agent, the owner must wait for the best offer to arrive and, after accepting it, wait for the bank to qualify and approve the buyer, risking the loan application being rejected.
Instead, of that same owner contacts Better Off Home Buyers. After they accept our offer, we would close the deal a short time, often up to 7 days.
It can be said that a homeowner who hires a real estate agent to sell their $ 400,000 value home would pay:
- $ 24,000 in sale commission
- $ 8,000 in cleaning and beautifying the property regardless of major repairs.
- $ 8,000 in closing costs.
- $ 10,000 in 90 days costs of waiting to close the sale.
$ 50,000 Total homeowner expenses to sell a $ 400,000 home in Portland.
Each sale is unique and the owner’s expenses depend on the value of his home and the type of sale he prefers.
Selling Your Home to Better Off Home Buyers in Portland.
The people who contact us to sell their properties, either house, multifamily units or land, don’t have to sign any exclusivity sale contract, they are free to sell their properties to those who they choose.
With our process, after visiting a property we deliver a fair written offer to the owner, if he or she accepts it, we start the paperwork to close the purchase without the homeowner having to pay anything for commissions, repairs, cleaning, painting, and other expenses to sell his house.
Selling to us, a homeowner doesn’t have to wait at least three months for the correct buyer to show.
Because our closing process is in such a short time, the owner no longer has to worry about paying mortgage fees, utilities, maintenance, and property taxes.
We Buy Any Property As It Is in Portland.
Better Off Home Buyers buys all kinds of properties, we have a wide purchase criterion which allows us to present a fair written offer to the owners who contact us.
We have had cases in which the structure of the house was so damaged that it was cheaper to demolish it than to repair it. On that particular occasion, we negotiated and offered cash for the land, the owner thanked us that we gave him the opportunity to get rid of the expenses, and the stress the house was causing him.
Buying a property As-Is means that the owners don’t have to spend money to improve it, we buy it as is.
In the event that a home is past due loan payments, facing foreclosure, or leans on the property, at Better Off Home Buyers we take the time to study the situation of the property. Our legal team studies the case and according to the results of the analysis we proceed.
If we cannot buy the property, we inform the owner immediately.
If we can buy it then we will take all necessary measures steps the legal guidelines that the case warrants.
Better Off Home Buyers is a family-owned company, we offer the service of buying houses in Portland, the entire state of Oregon and other states of the country, we have the funds to pay in cash for homes, so are able to close a deal in a short time.
If you need to sell your property or just want information, contact us by filling out the form on this page, or by calling (503) 212-9641.