The coronavirus cases continue to rise across the country, as well as orders from some estate governors issued in an effort to combat the coronavirus and prevent its spread.
Here in Oregon, Governor Kate Brown announced new measures, the regulation that has caught the most attention, is that no more than ten people can gather at the same time in indoor places. Also, the use of face covers in public activities is mandatory, effective on July 15.
At the press conference, Governor Brown spoke of how the epidemic has exploded in other states and the local reasons why authorities have taken the new measures.
“This is what we saw in New York in the spring, and what we are seeing now in Texas and Arizona, the question today is, will Oregon become the next New York or Texas?” She said.
That is the reality we are living today. Many states have already ordered closing beaches, bars, restaurants, churches, and places of crowding for the next two weeks. Again we will see how all industries will be affected. For many entrepreneurs, the down numbers will show them an uncertain path from where they may not be able to recover.
The real estate industry has been negatively affected in Portland and throughout the state of Oregon. But, what to do if you need to sell your house soon?
What Do I Need To Do to Sell My House Fast, During the Epidemic?
Neither COVID-19 nor any other situation should prevent you from selling your house if it is what you need to do immediately, it is true that government restrictions and the recommendations of the health authorities are causing many industries to work up to 25% of its capacity.
But precisely the coronavirus breakout is putting a slow down on the nation’s productive machinery, and it has caused many people to lose their jobs in Portland. Others have seen their ability to generate income reduced. In fact, losing the ability to produce income loses the ability to meet obligations such as rent or mortgage payments on time.
There is no need to explain the negative consequences of defaulting, although the governments of most states in the country have taken steps to protect tenants and homeowners who cannot meet their payments. We think that In the medium run, we will be living the resulting havoc.
We believe the COVID-19 pandemic will cause in Portland and throughout the state of Oregon
- Tenants who will not be able to pay the rent for several months.
- Abandoned properties
- People relocating.
- Emotional problems.
On top of all these inconveniences, many credit scores will drop dramatically, causing consumers to be unable to get bank loans in the future, easily.
If you need to sell your home during the coronavirus pandemic, Better Off Home Buyers will buy it.
Right now selling a house through the traditional real estate market is getting more complicated and more time consuming than last year in Portland. Traditionally, a property sold through a real estate agent takes an average of 90 days, today, with everything we are experiencing, the delay is practically indefinite.
Better Off Home Buyers buys properties in Portland, and in any area of the United States. If you are having a bad time caused by the coronavirus and you have fallen behind with mortgage payments. Do you have tenants who lost their jobs and the ability to pay rent on time? Has your rental property been abandoned? Real estate agents don’t give you good news about the Portland real estate market?
Contact us, we will buy your property fast.
Our Process to Buy Your House During COVID-19.
Better Off Home Buyers follows all the recommendations of the Portland authorities and the government of Oregon, as well as those of the CDC to help stop the coronavirus pandemic. At the same time, we are using creativity to keep serving our Portland community of buying the homes of those who need to sell.
As other companies in the service area have had to reinvent themselves to continue working with the public. We have implemented a procedure that is in accordance with the authority’s regulations.
After a person contacts us either by filling out the form on this page or by calling us at (503) 212-9641.
- We conduct a video call by Facetime, Zoom, or Skype, during that call our client shows us the property he wants to sell us. He or she informs us in detail of the house conditions, and the reasons why he/she wants to sell.
- Pre-offer. Based on the information the client provides us, we can prepare a preliminary offer, which will be subject to change after we physically visit the property, and investigate its legal status.
- We visit the house. After a previous agreement, a representative of our company will physically visit the prospect property. This official, following the social distancing protocols, will present himself using a face cover, gloves, and shoe covers for our client protection, his family, and ourselves. The house visit will last approximately 20 minutes where more information on the current state of the house will be collected.
- Final Offer. With all the gathered information about the house, we will present an equitable offer where the parties involved in the transaction come out favored.
Then we inform the client that he can take the time he deems appropriate to study and accept our proposal.
Every proposal we present is free from pressure or obligations.
- Closing, Once the client accepts our offer, we proceed with the paperwork, and immediately deliver a check for the effective value of the property. The Better Off Home Buyers home buying process takes an average of 7 days, we have had cases where it takes a little longer, as well as others where it took 2 days only.
If for some reason you need to sell your house in Portland. It may be that the economic slowdown the coronavirus epidemic is causing has put you in need of selling your property. Consider selling it to Better Off Home Buyers.
Selling your house to us, you don’t need to carry out major or small repairs. You don’t need to paint it, clean it, nor incur expenses to impress potential buyers. You don’t have to pay a high commission or closing costs as required when you hire a real estate agent.
To sell your house to us, all you need to do is contact us by filling out the form on this page or by dialing our phone number (503) 0212-9641.
During this COVID-19 crisis, we are taking all the precautions and recommendations of the health and local authorities to protect our clients and ourselves healthy. We have implemented the use of technology to have virtual home visits and client conversations, minimizing the risk of contagion.
If you thought to sell your home during the epidemic was a problem. Better Off Home Buyers is your solution.