Do you own an ugly house in Portland, OR? Are you trying to sell it, but you’re having difficulty getting prospective buyers to even consider it? This is a challenge that a lot of people face. They often end up stuck because they know the house needs work, but they don’t want to invest the time or money.
The good news is that at Better Off House Buyers, we’re always in the market for ugly houses. You may not have a desire to invest, and that’s OK! We do want to invest in your home, and not only that, but we want to give you a fair price for it.
· It has serious structural problems, such as a cracked foundation.
· It’s located in a bad neighborhood or one where crime is prevalent.
· The house’s location is inconvenient for the owners.
· It may be located in an area that has a lot of floods, or that experiences other types of weather damage.
· The owners may have to make high mortgage payments.
What is an Ugly House?
A lot of people think that the term, ugly house, refers to one that has serious cosmetic issues. But there is actually a lot more to it than that. It could mean that the house isn’t in good condition, but it could also mean that the owners are facing an ugly situation that is causing them to have to sell.
Here’s a quick list to help you determine if your house is an ugly house:
Why do People Sell Their Ugly Houses?
There could be a lot of reasons why a person might want to sell an ugly house. For example:
· Maybe they’re planning to retire or they’re downsizing.
· They may be planning to relocate.
· They may have suffered a job loss.
· They may be getting divorced.
· They may need to quickly liquidate their assets.
· They could be facing a foreclosure.
The majority of people who sell their ugly houses simply are not in a position to do the needed work on them. They need a way to get out from under their homes so they can move on.
Do Real Estate Agents Sell Ugly Houses?
There are a few different ways to sell an ugly house. Most people will start by calling up a real estate agent. They’ll make an appointment with the agent and then go through all the steps to get their houses listed traditionally. But the problem with this approach is that these homes are usually priced much higher than they should be.
There are real estate agents that do sell ugly houses. But that doesn’t mean they do it easily. It can be really challenging to sell this type of property. It is destined to be a journey that involves plenty of price changes and adjustments. Also, new prospective buyers may have gotten approved for loans that require a lot of updates to the house before the deal is finalized.
Selling an ugly house through a real estate agent can be done. But it’s sure to be a long, drawn-out process that may seem as though it will never end.
What’s the Best Way to Sell an Ugly House in Portland, OR?
If you need to sell your ugly house, it’s best to start with a company that specializes in buying them. There are many businesses whose sole purpose is to invest in homes that are considered hard to sell. These companies are eager to buy homes just like yours.
Selling to an investor is a great decision for a lot of reasons, such as:
· You’ll get cash for your home, and in most cases, you’ll get it very quickly.
· You’ll be able to close sooner than you would if you worked with a real estate agent.
· You’ll get out from under your mortgage payment, utility payments and more much faster.
· You won’t need to worry about spending money on expensive repairs that won’t do much at all to increase your home’s value.
· You’ll find that selling to a professional home buyer is a lot less hassle.
If you’re like most people, you want to sell your ugly house as fast as possible. You don’t want to spend months waiting to hear that you’ve received an offer and then another 60-90 days to close. You shouldn’t have to, and if you work with an investor, you probably won’t.
Working With Better Off House Buyers
At Better Off House Buyers, we’re all about the quick sale so you can get back to your life. We understand the frustration of the waiting game, which is why we’ve designed our services differently.
Our home buying process has four steps:
· Step 1 – Tell us about your house. Don’t worry; you can be blatantly honest about your ugly house. Is the paint chipping? Does it need a new roof or new electrical work done? We want and need to know as much about it as possible.
· Step 2 – Set up an appointment to view the house. If your house meets our buying criteria, we’ll be eager to see it. We use all the appropriate safety measures when viewing houses, including wearing gloves and masks.
· Step 3 – Get your offer. Once we have seen the house, if we’re interested, you’ll receive a fair, written offer. There is no obligation for you to accept it, but please rest assured that it will be the very best offer we can give you.
· Step 4 – Close and get cash. When you work with us, you won’t need to wait 60+ days to close. We use a local, reputable title company for our closings. You could have cash for your ugly house in as little as seven days.